Sunday, June 14, 2009

What a Difference a Day Makes!

Remember this guy from yesterday?

Yeah, he's the one who was more than mad that his two loving parents wanted to help persuade his loose tooth to let go and be free!
Well...today....he's this guy!


That's right world! Make it be known...on this 14th day of June, 2009, Braden Allen has finally lost a tooth!

Here's how it all went down. After church, he was in his room complaining because he thought he was going to starve to death because it was too hard to eat anything. So, I asked him if I could look at his tooth. Of course, he didnn't want any part of that. I finally convinced his that I was only going to wiggle it! So, I took the gauze and asked him if I could dry it off. The little thing was just holding on by a thread and was going to come out any minute. So, I started "drying" it off so that I could get a good grip. Just when he was about to yell at me for "pulling" the tooth...I had it out! HA! That's right! I am a total Rock Star! At that point he realized that it wasn't going to hurt and wasn't upset at all! Now he just looks so cute everytime I look at him talking while missing a tooth!

So, in honour of my friend Vicki...I am posting a Sunday Dinner fit for a six year old who just lost a tooth!

Pork Ribs

1 husband
1 grill
1 bag of charcoal
1 mixture that only the husband knows exists
1 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's barbque sauce
Directions: Have the 1 husband light the 1 grill with the 1 bag of charcoal. The 1 husband will add the mixture to the ribs. The 1 husband will pay attention to the grill for 5 hours while you take a nap or what ever else you need to do!

Ritz Broccoli & Cheese

1 bag of frozen broccoli
3/4 block Velveeta chese cut in cubes
1 sleeve of Reduced Fat Ritz crackers crushed
1/2 stick of butter melted
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In an 8x8 glass dish, mix broccoli, cheese cubes, and 1/3 bag of Ritz. Combine the remainder of the Ritz with the melted butter. Spread the cracker/butter mixture on top of the broccoli. Bake for 45 minutes and serve.

Baked Beans

2 cans Showboat Baked Beans
Brown Sugar to taste
Ketchup to taste
3 strips of bacon
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In an 8x8 glass dish, combine the two cans of beans with brown sugar and ketchup. Should have a sweet flavor to it. Place bacon strips on top of the beans. Bake 30 minutes or until beans start to bubble.


I hope you enjoy tonight's dinner...I know Brady did!

2 comments:

Msippi said...

Congrats Brady! Hope the tooth fairy comes tonight.

Heathahlee said...

Way to go Brady! Way to go Mom! : )

And I will have to try that broccoli casserole. It sounds YUM.