Sunday, September 06, 2009

The Second First Day and Some Really Groovy Cats!

The past two weeks have seen a lot of changes around the Pillstrom household! For starters, my sweet (haha) little baby boy finally started big school! He has been so jealous of his big brother for the past two years. Everytime brother would get on the bus this year he would talk about how he wanted to go to school! And two Mondays ago...his day finally came!

Tony left before we were ready so Brady had to take the first day of school pic! But here's Kaden on his big day acting all cool. He's got this new non smiling face and he refuses to smile!

Even when we got to school, I couldn't get him to smile for the camera! However, he smiled the whole way there AND the entire day! On the way to school, he kept yelling, "I'M A ROCK STAR, BABY!"

Basically, our school has a child care program that the kids take as a class. Most of the tinies are teacher's kids. This is Kaden's cubby. This is also where the kids sit in "time out" but luckily, Kaden hasn't experienced that yet!

Friday was Kaden's first day to miss school. He had been coughing with a runny nose for a few days. I thought it was just an ear infection until about 3am Friday morning. I woke up and he was in the bed with me. He was burning up! I took his temp and it was 102. So, we stayed home and went to the doctor. By the time we got to the doctor, his temp was 104. I almost freaked! The doctor checked his ears and they were fine! (That never happens btw!) So, he wanted to test him for strep and flu. "I have good news and bad news," said the doctor! (I was hoping it was strep, which I know is a crazy thing to wish for!) The good news was, it's not strep. The bad news was that it WAS Type A flu. If you are not sure what that is, I'll tell you! It's the stage right before h1n1! Yes, that's exactly what I just said. So, we have been on house arrest since Friday!

What do you do when your kids are stir crazy from being in the house all weekend? make tie-dyed shirts of course. Brady got a kit for his birthday, so that's what we did last night!

This is no simple process. First we soaked the shirts in something. Then we added the rubberbands and dye. Then we had to let them sit in plastic bags over night. This morning we rinsed and hung them out to dry. Then we needed to wash them. So, that's what step we are on right now! They are in the washer. Next they will be dried AND then they can be worn!
I will take some pics of the boys in their shirts for all to see!