Friday, August 21, 2009

So, apparently between teaching 5 days a week, writing very detailed lesson plans, working out, and just trying to rest...I really haven't made the time to blog latily! So let me get you all up to date.

Two weeks of school down and things are still going relatively smoothly. I love my journalism class. I applied for a grant today to buy the newspaper staff a digital camera. Some of the kids in there have great writing skills while others have brilliant minds! I have opinions that range the entire spectrim and these kids amaze me the entire 94 minutes we are together everyday! My freshmen...well...I'm still trying to learn to love them! It's the same every year and eventually we will find a happy medium and I will totally adore them. But it seems this age is when they start rebeling against authority and sometimes they don't realize it only hurts them in the long run! We'll bond eventually.

Brady is loving 2nd grade. He seems to complete his work very early everyday and his teachers are struggling to keep up with his pace. So, they let him help a boy with a broken leg who is in a wheel chair. He loves this job! He thinks he's so important! I'm glad he loves helping people.

Kaden starts pre-k on Monday! He is so excited to go to "big tool!" I'm excited because his big school is in the same building as my school! He will get to ride with me everyday and I can peek in the window sometimes and watch him learn!

So, incase you don't follow me on Facebook...I have been on a crazy mission to lose weigh and get healthy! I've lost a total of 13 lbs. Until today, I didn't realize it's so noticable. I was practicing making slide shows on the windows software I was unaware I owned...and I put these two pictures in the slide show. The one in the orange shirt is from June when I was on vacation in Texas. The gray shirt was two weeks ago on the first day of school. OMG! I can't even explain...just take a look.






I mean seriously! I thought I was just slimming a little bit! But I can really see it! This is totally motivating me to keep it up! There's nothing more that I would love to do than come home everyday and take a nap. But these pictures are such an encouragement for me to keep going! I can't wait to see me in another month! Hopefully, it will be before then when I next post!

Until then, peep out!

2 comments:

April S. said...

I am glad school is going well for you, Brady P., and Kaden too!! And WOW, you can definitely tell a change from the 1st pic to the 2nd. You may have lost 13 pounds, but it looks like so much more. Your body must be toning up lots and you are gaining muscle mass.

Congrats on doing such a great job!! Keep up the hardwork!

Heathahlee said...

So, how do you like the block schedule? Just curious...

And YAY! for 13 pounds! Yes, I can see it in those pictures! I haven't seen you at church enough to tell yet! So...when's the Christmas party meeting? Huh? Huh? : )