Sunday, August 29, 2010

What's Left For Dinner?

This is officially week two of my two weeks worth of dinners I cooked last weekend and can I just say, I'm so happy I cooked for two weeks! What's left on the menu for this week you ask? Tonight, we had Russian Chicken (I will post the recipe below)...tomorrow will be chicken tacos, then we have enchiladas, spaghetti, chicken and rice, chili maple chicken, and another Russian chicken left. I'm about to start my menu for the next two weeks and will shop and cook those next weekend. Did I mention that I only spent $166 at the store last weekend? That's crazy! Here are a few recipes to tie you over until next weekend. I will take some pics of my cooking process to make it a little more interesting next weekend.

Russian (Dump) Chicken
4-5 pieces of frozen chicken breast
1 bottle of Russian dressing
2 packages of onion soup mix
1 tablespoon of apricot preserves

In a gallon ziploc baggy, pour the bottle of dressing, 2 packages of onion soup mix and preserves. Then add the frozen chicken breast (do not thaw). Zip the baggy and mix up the ingredients. Place in the freezer. When ready to cook, put in the refrigerator over night. Then cook on 350 for about 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is ready. Serve over rice. EASY!!!!!!!!

Enchiladas
1 pound of ground beef or turkey (I buy the big 5 pounder and use it for lots of things)
1/2 yellow onion chopped
2 cans red or green enchilada sauce (I use the green)
1/2 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1 bag flour tortillas

Cook the burger meat with the onions until the onions are clear. Drain meat. Add 1 can to meat mixture. I also add a hand full of cheese. Spoon mixture into individual tortillas and roll up. Put into Glad Oven ware (or your choice of freezer safe dish). I usually put ten in a dish and that's enough for my family of four. After you roll up all the enchiladas, pour the other can of sauce on top of the enchiladas. Then sprinkle cheese on top. You can put as much or as little as possible. Then wrap up and freeze. Thaw in the fridge over night and then cook on 350 until cheese is melted. ***Family Favorite****

Chicken Tacos

4-5 frozen chicken breast thawed and cooked on the grill
2 cans of rotel tomatoes
(I cook the chicken on the grill so that Tony can help me and it takes a little time off of my cooking. He can do this while I'm cooking my beef dishes)

Cut the chicken into small pieces. Put in the skillet with the rotel and cook until the liquid is almost gone. Then let cool. Place into individual ziploc baggies. You'll want to divide it up to the best size for your family. Then Freeze. Thaw over night in the fridge and warm up in a skillet. I use flour tortillas warmed in the microwave with cheese on top. You can add your favorite taco dressings.

The chicken one is great because you can use it for lots of things besides tacos! Happy cooking and let me know how it goes!

1 comments:

Heathahlee said...

This is such a great idea! I have some of these same recipes, but have never thought to cook them ahead of time to freeze. I LOVE the Russian chicken (we use a lot more apricot preserves and call it apricot chicken). It's a GREAT slow-cooker recipe.